Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Adversity is the new awesome

About two weeks ago I was checking out the TED website and watched this talk by Aimee Mullins which I thought was really awesome. In fact it is SO good, that I haven't really been able to stop thinking about it. Because it's such a simple but WONDERFUL thought process you guys. And being blown away by someone's simple and wonderful thoughts (as well as their awesome outfit choice - a ROMPER) just makes me wanna know more about them. So I've been doing some research on her, and I suggest you do too. But this is what I want to say first:

Dear Fashion, would you please design for difference? I don't just mean weight difference; you've received that message and I would really love for you to react soon but I mean something more. Design for bodies beyond that. Because beautiful clothing holds a lot of power - we all know an outfit can make you feel fabulous. And Fashion? EVERYONE deserves to feel fabulous.  


No comments:

Post a Comment