Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Get Real



I looooove TV. Sometimes I can barely remember life before Gilmore Girls and The Hills (this is obviously an exaggeration but hopefully you get what I mean). But as much as I don't think I'll ever give up on The City (how awesome is Erin? SHE IS SO AWESOME) or Project Runway, I have come to the realization that it may be in my best interest to watch a little less. So I have made a summer time rule: only one hour of TV a day (Mondays w/the Bachelorette are obviously an exception...). The rest of the time I need to read! Get outside! And do some informal learning via TED Talks and museum visits! Because learning and reading and getting outside are all important and exciting things and let's be honest, there are only so many conversations that can come out of my surface-level investment in Ali's romantic future and why Olivia refuses to support Whitney's line (no but seriously, what is this girl's problem?). 

Maybe it's the new graduate in me but I have a future to make happen and the more I get out there and do cool things, the more exciting my future will be (so smart and groundbreaking, right?). No one wants 'knew a lot about the exciting lives of others' written on their tombstone. That would just look stupid. 

So here comes another TED Talk. But this one really is about fashion and it's very cool so ch-check it out! I would tell you more but I need to get off this couch!


No comments:

Post a Comment