Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The VERY Prestigious Resort 2011 Canadianista 'BEST' Awards! - Part One

I recently spent a glorious day on the couch flipping through all the Resort 2011 shows. No really, it was glorious. Because I secretly feel as though when a designer does their resort collection, they aren't all 'MUST MAKE BIG FANTASTIC FASHION STATEMENT', I think they're probably more like, 'This collection is the new wardrobe for me and my besties as we spend our time doing fabulous things/things that we make cool and hip just because we happen to be the ultimate trendsetters.' 


Consequently I picture myself wearing pieces from the Resort collections while partaking in wonderful activities like playing sardines with my boy Thakoon on some fabulous yacht. Like I said, GLO.RI.USSS.


So I have picked my faves and because no good outfit should ever be left behind, they each receive rewards (I'm all for a touch of kindergarten-style fairness). Are you ready? Because here comes part one. 


BEST outfits to wear every day in real life: Vena Cava



BEST First Date Fabulous: Giambattista Valli


BEST Accessory: Rachel Roy (that hat is making me weak in the knees)


BEST James Bond Babe Apparel: DVF and Jenni Kayne


BEST Surprise Model Choice: Crystal Renn for Chanel....and she looks BANGIN

BEST Power Pigment: Roksanda Ilincic, Yves Saint Laurent



BEST Impossible Outfit: Thakoon (but can I quickly say, hats off to this guy for making see-through pants look classy and fabulous)
All photos: style.com
Well my Canadianistas, are you not just dying a la Rachel Zoe to know who else won? Stay tuned for Part Two!



No comments:

Post a Comment